We source the best tea from all over the world. From our green tea that grows predominantly in China to our Indian Ceylon Black tea to our Rooibos that is grown exclusively in South Africa. We ensure that only the finest ingredients make it into our tea pillows. The fruit, herbs & spices used in our blends, tisanes & herbal tea come from only the finest crops, whether that be world class Peppermint from Morocco or oranges & lemons from the sunny climes in Europe, we go to the ends of the earth to ensure that we are using only the very best of what the world has to offer.
Our Tea Blends
Our Java Republic range of speciality teas are blended exclusively for us and we hand pick the ingredients contained in each of our variants. We offer a comprehensive range to cater for even the most discerning of tea palates.
Choose from the finest selection of green teas, black teas and herbal infusions.
8 Reasons Why You’ll Love Our Teas
- We hand gather only the top bud and first two leaves, the most flavoursome part of the tea bush.
- We insist that all of our tea is organic, so completely free from pesticides, insecticides and chemical fertilisers.
- Our tea comes in innovative hand-stitched silken tea pillows that allow water to circulate more freely through the teas.
- Each pillow consists of 2-3 grams of real leaf tea, more than most other teas on the market.
- All our product and packaging is 100% bio-degradable. It is important to us to not only produce the best tea but to do so in an environmentally responsible manner.
- All our tea is ethically sourced from certified growers.
- Our tea is not instant; it requires an infusion time of between 2-6 minutes, depending on the variant, to release the intense flavour.
- Our range of 46 truly unique speciality teas were created to satisfy even the most discerning of tea palates.
Brewing Passion in Every Cup
‘If our tea has made it into your teacup, it’s through a combination of hard work, obsessive quality control and in-depth knowledge of blending. You simply won’t find a better tea anywhere’.
David McKernan, Founder Java Republic.
Our Minature Marvels
At Java Republic, we believe in using only the finest ingredients, respecting them and handling them carefully. The result is the best-tasting tea you’ve ever tasted.
- 100% biodegradable
- 2-3 full grams of 100% real leaf tea in every pillow make up to 3 infusions
- With space for an increased ﬂow, allows leaves to expand and yield a stronger, more ﬂavoursome infusion
- Hand-Stitched to protect our real leaf tea
- Packed in a biodegradable envelope to maintain freshness and aroma
Why We Went Organic
Over 10 years ago we spent a week visiting the Dragon Well tea fields in Hangzhou in China and witnessed the crops being covered with a horrific variety of chemicals. From that moment on we made a decision that our range of speciality teas would be 100% Organic & that is something we have never compromised on.
Organic Black Tea
Black teas are fully oxidised teas and are rumoured to have been discovered by chance in the 17th century after a shipment of green tea from China to London had fermented in transit. The English are said to have been very taken with the unexpected delivery and immediately ordered an additional shipment. The world of black tea was born.
Although derived from the same bush, black tea differs greatly in flavour to green tea due to the difference in the evolution of the processing methods.
Organic Green Tea
Green tea, once exclusively the preserve of China, is now grown in both Japan and, to a lesser extent, the Darjeeling province of India. Once harvested, green tea goes through a three stage processing; firing, rolling & drying.
Organic Herbal Infusion Tea
Our range of 10 herbal infusions comprises 9 caffeine free options with only the South American Yerba Maté containing caffeine. From our pure peppermint leaf to Marrakesh’s Pure Lemon Verbena to our sumptuous Blood Orange fruit infusion, you are sure to find a tea that you fall in love with.
Our range of herbal infusions undergo a much simpler process that our traditional teas. Picking and drying are the main processes involved and in some cases, such as Wild Berry & Blood Orange, whole fruit is cut into small pieces to give the distinctive flavours that are evident in the cup.
Organic White Tea
Traditionally, White Teas involve very little processing as they only undergo withering & drying processes. They are prized for their delicate flavours & really excel when combined with other ingredients.
Organic Oolong Tea
Oolong tea, otherwise known as Wu Long or “Blue-green” tea, is a family of tea that falls in between oxidised green tea and fully oxidised black tea. Oolong teas undergo a combination of the green tea and black tea processing methods as they are withered, oxidised & fired before being rolled, dried and packed.