Designed to introduce advanced skills and detailed knowledge of the science behind the processes used and expected from a professional barista. After this course students should have a detailed understanding of drink ingredients and of the techniques available to maximise quality.
If you are looking to deliver excellent customer service as well as improve management skills to ensure a high standard of drinks made – this course is for you*.
*Please note that the Barista Intermediate course must be successfully completed before you can be eligible for the Professional course.
The main objectives include:
- Chemistry behind the bean, density, moisture and its factor
- Understanding different roasting profiles, cupping and evaluating the various levels of roasts with detailed descriptions
- Grinder/blade styles including advantages and disadvantages
- Espresso brewing chart use and understanding
- The inter-relationship of the various extraction parameters and their effects
- Milk techniques and consistency of producing microfoam
- Understanding problems of other baristas and ability to support them
- Café layout that ensures speed and efficiency, good workflow and smooth customer traffic